Thursday, August 6, 2009

KISS: Keep It Simple, Stupid

I am not entirely sure anyone is reading my blog, so I am considering no longer writing it. Of course, the practice of writing is good for me, so in some sense, it should not matter whether people are reading. Hmmmm…if you do the read, let me know and I’ll continue. If not, I may stop.

Tuesday night’s yoga class was themed around the concept of simplification. My teacher and her husband have been living in New York City for many years now, and have initiated discussions about leaving the city. My teacher said she’s been having difficulty wrapping herself around the idea of leaving Manhattan. Her husband’s sage wisdom…

“Baby, it’s all about simplification.”

His words provided the foundation for both the class that night, and for me. The new mantra is: Simplify!

The question is how? This is my current project – what in life can I eliminate in order to simplify with the intention of finding peace?

I do not really know the answer, but I have cancelled my netflix account, plan to eliminate facebook from my life and, as previously mentioned, may no longer be a contributing writer to Made in India.

In appreciating the simpler things in life, we can eliminate the unnecessary stresses and find greater purpose and meaning. I am going to try it, and would love for you to join in my the journey as well!

Om, chanti, chanti, chanti, namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment